What are Outlook Plugins
Outlook plugins (also confusingly called COM add-ins by Microsoft) are the most mature method of adding features and providing third party integrations into Outlook.
Outlook plugins provide a feature rich and robust method of adding features. Some of the key differences between Outlook plugins and Office 365 add-ins are:
Advantages of plugins compared to add-ins
- Flexible User Interface
- Respond to events
- Provide background processing
- Work with all items in Outlook
- Works with all versions of Outlook Desktop (e.g. Outlook 2003 onwards if you wish)
- Requires Windows Installer
- Cannot run in Outlook for Mac
- Cannot run in Outlook Web Access / Outlook for Mobile
Experienced Outlook Developers
Davton have been working with Outlook for 15 years. We are learning new things about Outlook and Exchange every week. When it comes to developing plugins, we have learned what works and what might cause problems. So when we build you a plugin – you don’t just get the features you requested – you get our whole stack of experience making sure we design a robust stable solution.
Call me or email me for an informal discussion on how we can help you build you application.
+44 1482 869891 (UK office hours)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org